Common Household Toxins
1. Antifreeze -causes kidney failure. As little as 1 tsp can make a small dog very sick or kill him.
2. Mouse and Rat poison cause potentially fatal internal bleeding, bruises, nosebleeds, sore joints,
bloody vomit or blood in feces.
3. Over the counter pain relievers can cause stomach ulcers and Kidney and Liver damage.
4. Other medications canine or human. Just about any drug can be toxic.
5. Slug and snail poison causes tremors, twitching and seizures.
6. Chocolate (Theo Bromine) causes vomiting, pancreatitis, diarrhea, heart arrhythmias or seizures.
7. Grapes, raisins, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Grapes can cause kidney failure. Tomatoes can cause
dilated pupils, tremors and heart arrhythmias. Onions and garlic destroy red blood cells.
8. Alcoholic beverages, coffee, tobacco, and alcohol can cause weakness, staggering and depression.
Caffeine can cause tremors, heart arrhythmias and seizures.
Tobacco can cause drooling, vomiting, weakness and coma
9 . Cleaning products can burn a dog’s eyes, nose, mouth, stomach and skin.
10. Mothballs, are Toxic if eaten. They cause vomiting, diarrhea, liver damage, staggering or seizures.
Don’t put them anywhere your dog can get to them.
11. Lead and zinc. Lead causes vomiting, diarrhea, hemolytic anemia, weakness, blindness, tremors and seizures.
Zinc causes vomiting, diarrhea and hemolytic anemia.
12. Flea and Tick products. Safe if used as directed but, can cause weakness, disorientation, drooling
heavily, vomiting, tremors and seizures.
13. Macadamia Nuts - causes temporary weakness or paralysis of the hind legs. The toxic dose can be
as little as 1 ounce for a 20lb dog.
Please protect your pets
Prevention not treatment is the key to keeping your dog safe from poisons
Kay's Hilltop Boxers